F17: wvdial crash

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Apr 16 01:28:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Pedro Francisco wrote:

> wvdial is crashing when trying to start a connection. Modem = /dev/ttyACM0.
>
> $ sudo wvdial
> --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.61
> --> Cannot get information for serial port.

this looks ominous ... is there a SElinux intercept from some
need to re-label?   (I built and installed a fresh WVdial
from RawHide last week, and so the package itself seems
working)

> --> Initializing modem.
> --> Sending: ATZ
> OK
> --> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
> ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
> OK
> --> Modem initialized.

given the error return noted earlier, something in WVdial may
be in an undetermnined state, and until that earlier matter is
addressed, it is not too surprising that a program later dies

> wvdial: utils/wvtask.cc:409: static void WvTaskMan::_stackmaster():
> Assertion `magic_number == -0x123678' failed.
>

> Does anyone have any idea of what it is?

-- Russ herrold