F17: wvdial crash

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:22:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:28 AM, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Pedro Francisco wrote:
>
>> wvdial is crashing when trying to start a connection. Modem =
>> /dev/ttyACM0.
>>
>> $ sudo wvdial
>> --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.61
>> --> Cannot get information for serial port.
>

> this looks ominous ... is there a SElinux intercept from some need to
> re-label?   (I built and installed a fresh WVdial from RawHide last week,
> and so the package itself seems working)

I believe "Cannot get information for serial port." appeared on
F16/F15 (can't recall) and on F15/F16 it would work well. SEapplet
showed nothing.

I did get curious with
warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libwvstreams.so.4.6" is not at the
expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libwvutils.so.4.6" is not at the
expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
warning: .dynamic section for "/lib/libwvbase.so.4.6" is not at the
expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
found in one of the bug's attachments

--
Pedro