started display manager = hang

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:10:25 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 16:13, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I´d really appreciate if someone more knowledgeable about Xorg snafus
> would give me a generic recipe to get my system back to at least vesa mode.
>
> I guess booting from grub 2.0 in single user mode would be first right?

Okay the silence was educative, for me, :) forced me to learn things on my own.
Indeed, as I suspected, the problem was the Vbox add-ons (VirtualBox-OSE-Guest).

I manually went to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and removed 00-vboxvideo.conf

Rebooted and all is well.

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell