[criteria update] Rescue mode

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 15:39:20 UTC 2012

> I wouldn't be hugely worried about waiving rescue mode for Alpha, but as
> others have said, it's more problematic if it's not going to come back
> for Beta or at least Final. Has Chris said anything about that?

My focus has been on getting a graphical UI ready to meet the alpha
criteria, plus setting us up to be well on the way to the beta criteria
before the alpha.  We are pretty well positioned for that.

Rescue mode hasn't gotten any attention yet, but I think it would
actually be pretty easy to do.  It's not nearly as tied into the rest of
anaconda like the text mode interface is.  So I'd say it's doable for
the final release (also beta, I guess).  We just need to take a look.

- Chris