Intel Graphics: SNA testing report with xorg-x11-drv-intel >= 2.20

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 14:08:26 UTC 2012

Dne 24.8.2012 15:48, Sandro Mani napsal(a):

> On 08/24/2012 10:40 AM, Pedro Francisco wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Pedro Francisco
>> <pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you ever hit the bug after a system start? Yesterday I couldn't
>> trigger it, today after suspend I can...
> In my case it is hard to reproduce. The issue starts occuring without any
> particular reason after some time, though sometimes I have the feeling that it
> is more likely to happen after some heavy openGL load. At the moment I am
> testing with xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.20.0-2.20120718.fc19.x86_64 (rebuilt for new
> libxcb), and have so far not encountered the issue (uptime 15h).

If you are skilled enough - grab   git repo for Intel driver and build
--enable-debug build and properly install somewhere and configure xorg.conf
(or just simple rename system intel driver and replace it with new build one
and try to reproduce)

Chris (key SNA driver developer, if not the only one :)) is usually very
responsive and helpful (and amazingly quick) with bug resolving - so my GMA965
is now pretty stable and fast with SNA (compared with UXA).

Zdenek