Needing a simple way to create a custom disk layout for F18/Alpha/TCx

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Aug 27 10:56:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:53:57AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi F18 testers,
>
> I don't know whether this has already been asked (and answered): Is
> there a simple method to set an own disk layout for a F18 test install?
> I did not find any if I selected /dev/sda, and my whole disk was
> reformatted by the F18 installer :-(

When I clicked on review partitioning layout, I was given an option to
click a plus sign and add partitions.  I've only worked with a VM so far,
so I used the entire disk, but I was able to customize its formatting--I
only tried to do the very simple, one swap partition and a big root
partition, but, on TC3, it's working for me.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: So, you're back.
Cordelia: Very good, Mister I-can't-tail-the-suspect-during-the-day-
because-I'll-burst-into-flames Private Eye.