why not a partition assignment mode?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 07:34:01 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-05 21:44 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:

> On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 22:00 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:

>> Why is the first thing we do choosing a device, rather than a
>> partition or a volume?

> Because people find it very valuable to be able to leave certain disks
> out of the installation and be entirely sure they will not be touched by
> the install process...

I found the screen confusing, because:

1-The system had only one HD.

2-IIRC: selected state wasn't instantly recognizable. Repeated clicks on it
toggled selected state on and off. Only after several did I figure "selected"
out, and why the reaction to a click on the lower left link produced
inexplicable responses.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/