17 Alpha cannot mount partition during install.

David Lehman dlehman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 15:49:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 12:47 +0200, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
> Hi,
> Just trying out the new i386 Alpha.
> I have now tried several different HDs, doing a full install
> (repartitioning the entire HD) and once all the partitions have been
> formatted, the install process crashes every time whilst trying to mount
> /home.
>
> Any ideas what else I can try to get around this?

Try filing a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com including a detailed
description of the steps you took during installation. After the failure
occurs, collect the system logs and attach them, one at a time and as
type text/plain, to the bug report. Here are the logs you'll want to
collect:

 /tmp/anaconda.log
 /tmp/storage.log
 /tmp/program.log
 /tmp/syslog (or /var/log/messages if you're doing a live install)

Once your report is in place with the needed information we can start to
find out what the problem is.