SDL in build system issue

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 16 22:06:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 22:19:57 +0100,
  Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:03:26 -0600, BWI (Bruno) wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble rebuilding a couple of packages that use SDL in
> > koji, but they build OK at home.
> >
> > Did something change recently with SDL that would have needed something
> > added to buildrequires?
>
> Even if an SDL* maintainer happens to read this, you could

I wasn't sure it had directly to do with SDL. It could easily be autotools
or gcc related. I have recently (after gcc 4.7) successfully built stuff
(hedgewars) that used gcc. But hedgewars uses cmake instead of autotools.
Also the fact that it builds on my rawhide system suggests that either
a build broke things today or that something else needs to get installed
in the mock instance.

>  - link the koji build log you refer to ("lordsawar" I guess)

Both lordsawar and sear.

>  - look up SDL* latest build in koji and its changelog

I started taking a quick look for new SDL* builds, but with the mass rebuild
it was harder to do a real quick check. (Normally I'd just look for any
s* builds.)

It looks like only rebuilds for gcc 4.7 have been done recently.

> And for the lordsawar build failure, it's possible to "cat config.log"
> when %configure exits with failure return code.

But I need to make a temporary change to the spec file to do that?
(Or do mock builds instead of local builds locally, but mock builds
take a fair amount of time on my hardware.)

I think I really need to see the config log to tell what is happening.