will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 9 15:59:40 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012 11:43 PM, David Lehman wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-07-08 at 07:49 -0600, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>> Agreed. And I fear the universe, in this case, may be winning by
>> producing "bigger idiot" developers.
> Indeed -- "bigger idiot" developers who seek to simplify their software
> by eliminating limited-value features that bring needless complexity and
> therefore bugs. All you have to do is run 'yum groupinstall <whatever>'
> or use the graphical package manager to install your additional DEs.
> This should not be prohibitively difficult.

Point taken.....

However, I think the concern is that users new to Linux and/or Fedora may be coming
from the Windows world and not aware they have a choice in the DeskTop.  So, they
install....don't see a choice....get GNOME and assume that is it.

Maybe those users will eventually find out that they have a choice.

Or, they may find themselves unhappy with GNOME and leave Fedora without ever having
known or looked for help.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage