will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jul 9 20:06:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, David Lehman wrote:

> I can tell you from personal experience that Fedora has both real and
> imaginary idiots. Just kidding. We have two opposing groups of users:
> Those who think the installer should have a knob for whatever their
> obscure pet option is, and those who believe it should be a
> highly-polished, streamlined interface along the lines of MacOS. These
> are fundamentally in opposition and it is impossible to please both
> camps entirely.

The opposition would not seem to be all that great.
To protect those who need simple, just put all the
interesting stuff behind a knob with the appropriate icon:
http://www.106rallyeforum.com/gallery/data//500/can-of-worms.jpg

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily