will F18 allow simultaneous installation of more than one desktop?

Matteo Settenvini matteo-ml at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 10 02:48:26 UTC 2012

Il giorno mar, 10/07/2012 alle 00.33 +0800, Ed Greshko ha scritto:
> On 07/10/2012 12:19 AM, David wrote:
>
> You see......  You already know all that.  You are a bad example.
>
> You give people too much credit.  Do you really think everyone will do "research"?
>
> I feel it is better to display the "defaults" but let people know there are "options".

If we really are talking about "newbies" here, keep in mind that people
are *scared* of too much options. If you ask them if they want KDE,
GNOME, XFCE, ... they will just stare blindly before going back "in the
system were you didn't need to know all that technical stuff".

After all, the very concept of a Desktop Environment is alien to Windows
users. They have just one interface, and that's it. Else, different
distros with different DEs, as someone pointed out, might make more
sense.

Cheers,
Matteo