Anaconda new UI testing: new snapshot available

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 17 16:50:04 UTC 2012

On 2012/07/17 11:08 (GMT-0400) Chris Lumens composed:

>>  using f17:
>>      doesn't ask/set root password

> And it won't.  We're going to set the first created user up as the
> admin, so that's how that will happen.

This new way is akin to how Mandriva/Mageia (and IIRC *buntu) do it, which is
one area where I preferred what Anaconda did. I want my users set up with my
choice of UIDs/GIDs, which M/M wouldn't permit, and presumably Anaconda now
doesn't. I only create root during installation, users afterwards. So this
becomes yet another installation undo I have to do after installation completes.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/