Anaconda new UI testing: new snapshot available

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 15:45:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 11:08 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > Doesn't pickup the inst.repo from the command line
>
> I just tested this and it worked.  Got more data to share?
>
> > using f17:
> >     doesn't ask/set root password
>
> And it won't.  We're going to set the first created user up as the
> admin, so that's how that will happen.

This seems like a moderately significant change, but I don't see a
featture page for it or any discussion of it on the new UI feature page.
Should it be called out more publicly?

> >     doesn't correctly configure for firstboot to run
>
> I haven't done anything for firstboot yet so this doesn't surprise me
> but in light of needing to make a user, I'll take a look.

Also consider https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/InitialExperience
- the mooted GNOME firstboot replacement. As far as firstboot goes, I
don't think anaconda is expected to do anything except install it, so if
it got installed but didn't run, that may not be an anaconda issue. The
code in oldUI anaconda relating for firstboot appears to relate only to
disabling it if desired.