Introduction

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 17:10:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 01:43 -0500, blank blank wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am excited to begin contributing to Fedora as part of the Bug Zappers
> team.  I am a web programmer who would like to get into Linux
> administration and system development.  I have some experience using
> ticket tracking systems at work but never Bugzilla.
>
> Over the past year or two, I've tried out several Linux
> distributions(Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Mint, Gentoo) and learned the basics of
> administration.  I've read some of the kernel code and toyed with a lot
> of different networking/development programs.  I want to begin digging
> deeper into Linux and open source development, and I figure that this
> team is a great way to learn more about the system and help out while
> I'm learning.
>
> I would like some help getting started on the triage team.  I can be
> reached via email at blankblank101010 at gmail.com or on irc under the
> nickname blankblank.
>
> I look forward to working with you all and contributing to the Fedora
> project.
>
> Thank you,
>
> blankblank

Hi there! Thanks for volunteering. To avoid disappointment, I feel bound
to let you know that bugzappers per se is somewhat dormant right now;
no-one really has the time to devote to keeping it fully active. You can
certainly still take on Bugzappers tasks, but you may not get much
mentoring help.

There are other QA activities that are definitely in need of
contribution, though. Perhaps you might want to look into those in
addition to / instead of Bugzappers? See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join for more details. Thanks again
for volunteering!