Heads up packaging preset feature got accepted by FESCO

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 10:28:16 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> We need to pay special attention to the half implementation of the
> preset feature [1] that Red Hat club that FESCO is, decided should
> take
> place.

Red Hat Club? Mitr, the Red Hatter voted -1 because of "<mitr> kay: right,
and my election platform said "time-definite migrations".  So I'm forced
to be -1" ;-)

> The feature it self is much needed and appreciated however not making
> the switch in a single release cycle after all the legacy sysv script
> have been migrated native systemd units will leave us in a pile of
> shit
> to deal with where *some*'packages ( and spins ) will use preset and
> others not.

It's still possible to implement it within single release cycle. Just
there has to be community buy in. And at least spins with DMs would
have to step into.

R.