[criteria update] Rescue mode

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:09:19 UTC 2012

On 07/27/2012 09:55 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, to a certain extent it's academic. I suspect that if QA was
> strongly of the opinion that the feature isn't sufficiently complete,
> FESCo would give substantial weight to that input in making its
> determination. But it's FESCo that owns the feature process, and
> ultimately FESCo that makes the final determination of whether a feature
> is meeting the requirements of the process - it's FESCo that has to say
> 'we declare this feature isn't meeting the process, and here's what we
> plan to do about it'.

That's a bit backward logic as in the QA cant stop a feature if we deem
it not ready for our end user base and arguably should be fixed in the
feature process.

Fortunately for us we have a contingency plan should FESCO decide to
push something forward that we deem too disruptive, to broken for our
end user base.

JBG