F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Mar 30 01:34:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Felix Miata wrote:

> If you want NX for your existing motherboard you'd probably have to find a
> Prescott 478, which may never have existed, and even if it does, might not be
> supported by your BIOS or any available upgrade for it.

I'm not looking for NX.
I only mentioned it because in another thread someone suggested that
NX might be the reason I couldn't get the F16 installer to boot.
For now, I'm going to settle for F15.  That installer booted for me.
If the F17 installer won't boot for me,
then when F15 goes EOL, so does fedora.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily