Evolution vs NFS

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue May 1 13:31:40 UTC 2012

I am using NFS (v4) home directories.  The server is running Fedora 16;
the client is running Fedora 17.  Recently, when running Evolution on
the client, I find that Evolution becomes completely unresponsive if I
attempt to compose a message.  (It freezes up before showing the new
message window.) When I look at the process in the GNOME system monitor,
the evolution process' "Waiting Channel" is alternating between
"nfs_wait_bit_killable" and "rpc_wait_bit_killable".

Has anyone else using NFS-mounted home directories on F17 observed this
sort of thing?

Braden