Dovecot

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 2 21:26:04 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 02:24 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Did an upgrade from F16 to current F17 tree + updates on my server and
> all seemed well.
>
> Except for dovecot..which after the upgrade, it seemed to error on my
> client side (via imap) about namespace and inbox=yes and no namespace or
> something along those lines.
>
> Anyone else seen this?  It seems downgrading back to the 2.0 version in
> F16 get it back to working again.

as moabi2000 says, it's quite simply that the dovecot in F17 is a
considerably newer version than the one in F16 and they made some major
changes to config file layout upstream. You have to try and remember
what modifications you made to the stock config, read the new upstream
references and the .rpmnew files, and reconcile everything. Keep going
until you don't get any errors/warnings in your logs when starting and
using dovecot. The error/warning messages themselves mostly at least
give useful _hints_ as to what you need to change. Wish I could be more
specific, but I don't recall exactly what changes I had to make. One
certainly involved the INBOX. prefix I've inherited from courier-imap,
though, and the other I think involved Postfix SASL auth.