gnome-terminal can't display utf-8 characters anymore

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun May 6 04:07:01 UTC 2012

On 05/05/2012 11:58 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> For those of us not able to input Hebrew....  Could you type in a sample?
Here's an example file name:

09 ביילע.mp3

Having said that, it could get corrupted by email just as easily as by
ls, so I've attached a 7z file with a similar file name embedded in it
(using 7z because I've found it's the most reliable at preserving things
like utf-8 in filenames). To extract it, if you're not familiar with
7-zip on Linux, install the "p7zip" RPM and then do "7za x utf8.7z".

Thanks,

   jik