How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:31:13 UTC 2012

On 11/07/2012 07:59 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> >We can still test this and installing Fedora, and arguably we should be
>> >doing that along other OS other than just Microsoft as well.
> There's a ticket for writing some other dual boot test cases, I think.
> No-one's ever got around to picking it up. Feel free...
>
>> >We would just not have the Fedora release dependent upon the result from
>> >those tests...
> In practice what usually happens is I fire up the VM I keep around
> specifically for this purpose and do the test on the last few Final
> builds. Takes me about ten minutes a shot.

Ah so you dont even test this on real HW as the user would be expected
to do to try Fedora which was the argument you made for the criteria
that's a nice one.

Do you at least test all the GA supported releases of Microsoft Windows
which might reside on the users machine when doing that test in a VM
since HD partitioning differs between release as got mentioned earlier
in this thread?

In any case those in favor of continuing to do have this block the
release criteria should update the test cases to cover all microsoft
windows release and OEM/Vendors installs along with their "rescue" and
or system rescue partition you know to prevent those that install Fedora
along side their Microsoft Windows installs dont accidentally find
themselves unable to boot their hw and are going to use the
system/rescue partition to recover from it it, Then discovering our
installer accidentally wiped it...

Dont we have to test and add to that criteria as well the revert process
encase the user does not want to use Fedora and decides to uninstall to
revert his machine to it's former state before he decided to try Fedora?

What happens to users support once they install Fedora along side
Microsoft Windows, Do the support contracts usually cover that scenario
( as in dualbooting Microsoft with other OS'es )?

JBG