How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Wed Nov 7 10:08:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 11:59:31PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > We would just not have the Fedora release dependent upon the result from
> > those tests...

> In practice what usually happens is I fire up the VM I keep around
> specifically for this purpose and do the test on the last few Final
> builds. Takes me about ten minutes a shot.

Can you test with UEFI in a VM?

I ran into the problem that I couldn't dualboot with Windows 8
under UEFI (because it appears 'os-prober' can't speak EFI yet!)
This was a 'bare metal' install obviously. (Bugzilla: 873207)

So I think Johann does have a slight point, though he expresses
most of his opinions rather bluntly :)

I however would vote for keeping some minimal QA attention fixed to
dual booting as I occasionaly have a use for Windows.
(And running Windows in a VM is merde on these stupid 16:9 laptop
 screens).

OT 1:
Apart from the 'pain in the anaconda' bit and some slight hiccups
(are there dracut changes for example?) F18 runs smoothly and beautifully.

OT 2:
The default install of Windows 8 is clean and smart. Much simpler and
faster than fancy pants anaconda-new (but then of course Windows does
not aim for all these diverse situations).

Alexander