Full, current F18 tree to rsync?

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 12:03:11 UTC 2012

On 10/26/2012 02:22 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:56:35 -0400
> Cole Robinson <crobinso at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I regularly pull down the F18 tree from the rsync equivalent of:
>>
>> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/18/x86_64/os/
>
> note that download.fedoraproject.org is a redirect that gets you a
> mirror from mirrormanager. So, it will vary from run to run.
>
>> Up until recently this was a full install tree, including the images/
>> subdir. This makes it easy to use the tree for PXE (like using
>> cobbler import) or URL installs in virt-manager.
>>
>> Now, though, current trees only have Packages/ repodata/ and drpms/
>> subdirs. (occasionally accessing that URL dumps me at a mirror with a
>> full install tree, but it was last synced on October 16 so obviously
>>
>> Is the change intentional? If so, why? And is there some place to
>> still rsync a full install tree?
>
> It's been broken the last few days. See:
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5377
>
> The previous issue was fixed, but something further is going on now...

Thanks for the link. I only assumed it wasn't temp brokenness since rawhide
trees similarly lack images/:

http://mirror.steadfast.net/fedora/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/

Anyone know why that is? any recommendations if I want to try pxe booting/URL
VM install of rawhide anaconda after F18 GA?

- Cole