Full, current F18 tree to rsync?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 14:20:06 UTC 2012

Cole Robinson (crobinso at redhat.com) said:
> >> Up until recently this was a full install tree, including the images/
> >> subdir. This makes it easy to use the tree for PXE (like using
> >> cobbler import) or URL installs in virt-manager.
> >>
> >> Now, though, current trees only have Packages/ repodata/ and drpms/
> >> subdirs. (occasionally accessing that URL dumps me at a mirror with a
> >> full install tree, but it was last synced on October 16 so obviously
> >>
> >> Is the change intentional? If so, why? And is there some place to
> >> still rsync a full install tree?
> >
> > It's been broken the last few days. See:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5377
> >
> > The previous issue was fixed, but something further is going on now...
> >

> Thanks for the link. I only assumed it wasn't temp brokenness since rawhide
> trees similarly lack images/:
>
> http://mirror.steadfast.net/fedora/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/
>
> Anyone know why that is? any recommendations if I want to try pxe booting/URL
> VM install of rawhide anaconda after F18 GA?

It has been intentional that rawhide doesn't produce images, because (at
least in the past), it wasn't even remotely expected to work, so it would generally
cause a lot of bug reports where the response is 'yes, it's broken, we'll
get to that later'. So image generation is turned off in rawhide.

If people want it turned back on, we can do so; it's a script change.
Obviosly doesn't mean they'll magically start working.

Bill