[criteria update] Package set

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 08:25:36 UTC 2012

> > 'The installer must be able to install each of the release blocking
> > desktops, as well as the minimal package set, for each supported
> > installation method (DVD, live, netinst, PXE, ...)'
> >
> > Comments please.
>
> I'm fine with that except I'd just drop the "(DVD, live, netinst,
> PXE, ...)". We know what installation methods are, and different ones
> are supported at different release phases, and the requirements may
> change over time; seems safer not to include it, to me.

The idea was to give an explanation what an 'installation method' means, because sometimes even QA members have a hard time to remember all of that. But I agree it's not ideal to explain it anywhere we mention it.

Maybe we could create a glossary then? On the main criteria page, there would be a glossary of
term: explanation

And we could even hyperlink the complex phrases to their explanation.

> Oh, also, I'd
> change 'for' to 'with', grammatically better.

Thanks. Current version:

'The installer must be able to install each of the release blocking desktops, as well as the minimal package set, with each supported installation method'