[criteria update] Package set

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 18:48:51 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 04:25 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > 'The installer must be able to install each of the release blocking
> > > desktops, as well as the minimal package set, for each supported
> > > installation method (DVD, live, netinst, PXE, ...)'
> > >
> > > Comments please.
> >
> > I'm fine with that except I'd just drop the "(DVD, live, netinst,
> > PXE, ...)". We know what installation methods are, and different ones
> > are supported at different release phases, and the requirements may
> > change over time; seems safer not to include it, to me.
>
> The idea was to give an explanation what an 'installation method'
> means, because sometimes even QA members have a hard time to remember
> all of that. But I agree it's not ideal to explain it anywhere we
> mention it.
>
> Maybe we could create a glossary then? On the main criteria page,
> there would be a glossary of
> term: explanation
>
> And we could even hyperlink the complex phrases to their explanation.

Yup, I've thought about doing something like that before. We do it in a
kind of haphazard way at present, sometimes defining things in the
preamble, sometimes defining things within criteria; there are problem
enough 'special phrases' by now that it'd make sense to do something
more organized like this. Drafts welcome!