The future of how to debug pages

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 22:37:27 UTC 2012

On 09/25/2012 07:54 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I don't see that that follows logically at*all*. The two just seem like
> totally different things. Instructions for debugging a given component
> are going to be the same whether you're running Fedora, Ubuntu, SUSE or
> whatever: debugging systemd is debugging systemd. There may be cases
> where there are local variations, in which case it makes sense to have a
> local wiki page, but in cases where there aren't, it seems perfectly
> sensible if the instructions are provided upstream. I don't see any way
> in which that means bugs reports should always be upstream.

Upstream is also upstream for all those distribution and your point being?

Mine point is pretty obvious if we are going to be redirect reporters
upstream in the first place why not then just go the whole way.

In fact a lot of maintainers withing the distribution would like us to
do just that and while we dont have our own bugzilla instance where
reporters wont be hitting "Your not authorized to view this bug" or
other RHEL related bugzilla policies that nobody knows who are ( or
those that do cant disclose it ).

To me we should either try to keep everything locally within the QA
community and withing the distribution by building our own knowledge
base or we should simply do it the other way around.

JBG