ctrl-alt-bksp

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Sep 28 22:34:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:05:36 +0000
"Clyde E. Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734 at verizon.net> wrote:

> On 09/27/2012 07:18 PM, Sergio wrote:
> >
> >> How do we turn this on in
> >> Rawhide?  Seems the keyboard layout has changed to
> >> eliminate the checkboxes.
> >>

> > Maybe the traditional way of creating /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/zap.conf
> > with
> >
> > Section “ServerFlags”
> > Option “DontZap” “false”
> > EndSection
> >
> > ?
> >

> No, this was disabled awhile ago and no longer works.

Well, if you mean setting that in xorg.conf, yes.

> Anyone else have an idea?

If you are in any desktop except Gnome, I think the default should be
that it works. (It's enabled by default in Xfce at least, KDE might not
enable it) If you are in Gnome you simply need to enable the
keybinding:

System > Preferences > Keyboard

In this new window click on the Layout tab and then click on the
Options button. In this new window expand the entry for
Key sequence to kill the X server. Once you expand that you will see
the entry for Control + Alt + Backspace. Make sure that entry has its
checkbox checked and then close the window.

kevin