F18 up to F20 -- how?

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 21:57:01 UTC 2013

On 12/1/2013 2:44 PM, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I have several machines running F18, which I would like to change
> to F20 by some sort of upgrade, rather than a fresh install. Can anyone
> yet guess whether upgrading from a DVD, or using fedup, or yum, or some
> other way is most likely to succeed with the least trouble?
>
> 	Among other possibilities, is an upgrade via DVD from F18 to F20
> Beta, followed by yum updates at regular short intervals, any more or
> less promising that fedup? (I've had very mixed experience with that.)
>
> 	Btw, this seems to me much more of a question for the regular
> Fedora list; but I tried it there, and a couple of people have referred
> me here.

Fedup has worked for me several times. But it *did not work* on a highly
modified - non standard setup. The more 3rd party and on Fedora repo
stuff you have installed the worse it gets.

Did you get the 'personal email' that I sent to your post on the Xfce
list? That suggestion would fix your problem(s).

--

  David