Criterion revision proposal: KDE default applications

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 05:31:58 UTC 2013

On fös 13.des 2013 02:05, Adam Williamson wrote:
> It was clear at the Go/No-Go meeting today that KDE SIG does not
> consider this release criterion applicable/desired:
>
> "All applications that can be launched using the standard graphical
> mechanism of a release-blocking desktop after a default installation of
> that desktop must start successfully and withstand a basic functionality
> test."
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_20_Final_Release_Criteria#Default_application_functionality
>
> jreznik says they consider the live image their 'polished product' where
> everything must work, while the DVD install is more of a grab-bag - they
> install a whole bunch of stuff, and don't think it's the end of the
> world if one or two bits are broken.
>
> Given that, I propose re-wording as follows:

You are trying to fix the problem on the wrong end thus leave the
criteria as is.

The installing should not differ ( or in other word be consistent )
regardless if you install from the live or from the dvd the end result
should be the same.

You should have the same service enablement, the same desktop instalment
and experience etc.

So get releng to get their act together and fix that for the dvd so
matches with the live.

JBG