Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

John Dulaney jdulaney at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 17 23:05:39 UTC 2013

> Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 12:52:16 +0000
> From: johannbg at gmail.com
> To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: Re: Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already
>
> Purpose and a fact of being "elitist" group which caused more harm then
> good in the QA community and what I'm worried about is that Adam is
> resurrecting it for other then purpose after he joined the WG's.
>
> If we agree it serves only the purpose to allow QA members to overcome
> other limitation in the project and we ensure that it will *only* serve
> and being used for that purpose I'm fine with resurrecting it but as
> soon as Adam or any other RH employee starts to mutilate it to serve
> it's corporate purpose we put it down.
>
> JBG

What do you mean, "mutilate it to serv it's corporate purpose"?  Are you
stating that since I now work for Red Hat, I'm evil?

Since I've started working for Red Hat, I've not seen any wanting to
contort Fedora to RH's nefarious ends.  In fact, I've seen a lot of effort to
get work done internally into Fedora as quickly as possible so that Fedora
may benefit.  I seriously don't understand where you get these ideas from.

Along those lines, now that I work for Red Hat, does that make me evil?
Am I now a corporate minion?  You do realize that my job at RH has
nothing to do with Fedora; I continue to be involved with Fedora purely
because I want to.  You don't see me slapping my @redhat.com email
around.  In fact, the only account I've switched over is my bugzilla account,
and that was purely for convenience.

John