Proposed validation test case: root on LVM thinp

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 13:39:44 UTC 2013

> I wrote
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_lvmthinp_rootfs ,
> and I propose we add it to the installation validation matrix for F21

I am concerned by this sentence:
"Proceed with installation, leaving all other settings at default where possible, using sensible values for anything you must select or fill in "

When I do these kind of test cases (file systems), I usually choose minimal install, because it's fastest and the installed package set doesn't really matter. The installer needs not to crash and the system needs to boot, that's it. I also combine it with other appropriate test cases, like nfs repo and vnc or similar.

If we include requirements like this, we will have a bit higher certainty that everything worked correctly and no other choices interfered, but we will be much less productive. And anaconda test cases drain 90% of our time already.

I think that as long as we execute these test cases manually, combining multiple test cases in a single pass (or picking non-default but fastest methods l