Recommended system requirements for f20 not sufficient?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 21:53:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-19 15:26 (GMT-0600) Dan Mossor composed:

> When there is
> storage media besides RAM available, you can run F20 on as little as the
> 512MB that Ralf is using.

Yesterday I did a HTTP F20 minimal install with .5G RAM and 1.13GHz Piii. The
second GUI page was taking a long time to finish the two sections I always
let settle before attempting to proceed with HD selection. Neither init nor
Anaconda had made use of the swap partition, so I turned it on. That failed
to speed things along, so I rebooted. Before my first click in second
Anaconda start I went to tty2 and turned on swap. From there everything
seemed to move right along nicely, including upping to F21 with Yum during
second boot and getting KDE started.

Actually using KDE to do anything without crashing failed until I turned off
X compositing (globally in xorg.conf*), kscreen and nepomuk/strigi.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/