Getting hardware info for bug triage

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 23 20:50:25 UTC 2013

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage says:

> If you suspect a hardware-specific problem, you might request a
> Smolt profile. The reporter may need to "yum install smolt" if it is
> not already installed, then run "smoltSendProfile" and add the
> public URL provided to the bug in a comment.

But smolt is no longer available, e.g. for Fedora 18.

What advice do we want to put here instead? I know lspci is sometimes
useful with peripherals, and hciconfig appears helpful for Bluetooth
problems. The Control Panel "Details" tab is not all that helpful,
though it does have some stuff.

It would be nice to have an automated replacement for smolt; perhaps
something is kicking around Fedora land these days? I do see ABRT is
getting very smart about the information it collects and how it
integrates with web services.

-B.

P.S. - I can't update this wiki page even though I have an account; it
wants me to sign the CLA, but when I do so on the administrative site,
it says I cannot be added to the group.