critera proposal/discussion: boot.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 11 16:40:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:06:20 -0500 (EST)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> We can create an optional test case for that.
>
> Do you think this is something we should block our release on (i.e.
> creating a release criteria for it)?

Nope, I don't think so off hand, I don't think it's critical or popular
enough for that. I'd just like to see it tested if possible.

> I tried BFO a few times and I've found it heavily outdated every time
> (including today) so I wasn't particularly thrilled about it.

Outdated in what sense? Not providing tc/rcs?
The stable releases are there, the alpha/beta are there in a prerelease
menu.

> Also, I'm not fully sure who should benefit from it. If you need to
> install Fedora, you do it once in a long time, and there's no problem
> to download ISO and boot it. If you install Fedora often (e.g. you're
> QA), booting from the Internet every time is a no-go, not until it's
> as fast as your USB flash drive.

Images are smaller than netinstall iso, so I would think you would save
some BW (although you do have to download kernel/etc).

Do you think we should retire the service?

kevin