dracut-initqueue[265]: /dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.is does not exist.

Namikaze Minato lloydsensei at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:21:48 UTC 2013

On 18 January 2013 21:39, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Are you sure you tried a dd written stick?

Yes. But maybe my USB key failed me at that time...

> Images written with liveusb-creator are not UEFI bootable, this is known.

Well, I didn't hear about that, where is that written (no offense, of
course)? At least not on the download page or tutorial on how to use
the iso (http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media-UNIX_Linux.html)

> The only methods tested and known for sure
> to work for UEFI booting are dd and livecd-iso-to-disk: if you want a
> UEFI-bootable image, you should be focusing on one of those two methods.

I did test with a DVD today, and it works.
I will test (again) with dd and report back if it doesn't.

Thank you for your support.