dracut-initqueue[265]: /dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.is does not exist.

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 12:00:36 UTC 2013

> > Images written with liveusb-creator are not UEFI bootable, this is
> > known.
>
> Well, I didn't hear about that, where is that written (no offense, of
> course)? At least not on the download page or tutorial on how to use
> the iso
> (http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media-UNIX_Linux.html)

Here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs#luc-no-uefi

Your linked F17 installation guide, F18 is here:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media-UNIX_Linux.html
and here:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/Making_Minimal_Boot_Media.html#Making_Minimal_Boot_Media-UEFI

I'm not sure why UEFI is just mentioned below "minimal boot media", and also why they say:
"The Fedora Project does not provide an image to produce minimal boot CDs or DVDs for UEFI-based systems."
because both boot.iso and DVD.iso are UEFI bootable.

According to their wiki [1], we should file a bug for the documentation team to amend their docs. I would assume they automatically go through the Common bugs and adjust the documentation, but maybe there's no such workflow yet and we should start it?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reporting_problems_with_Docs