Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:13:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne Čt 24. ledna 2013 13:25:08, drago01 napsal(a):

>> > really?
>> >
>> > how does that reply provide the missing informations that Adam points out?
>>
>> I doubt that it is "hard to maintain" for upstream ...
>
> but "hard to maintain" is not what Adam said, right?

Oh missed the reference to Adam's mail ... yeah indeed that one did
not get addressed.

>> that would be just odd.
>
> not that much - considering how many people have troubles to adhere to Fedora
> packaging rules :-)

;)

>> I know it just does not make sense to remove something from the
>> distribution if there is someone (in this case even upstream) willing
>> to maintain it.
>
> there was no one willing to maintain it by the time the feature was proposed
>
> this has changed since

Yeah and that's what I am pointing out.

> have you seen anyone insisting on removing MySQL despite the fact there may be
> a new maintainer?

No.

> or what urges you to keep talking about the removal in such
> way?

Well am I just pointing out that the situation have or seems to be
changing since the feature has been proposed.
That's it. There is no conspiracy or any other motives behind my
mails. Oh and I don't work for Oracle ;)