boot.iso vs netinst.iso vs efiboot.img

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jan 28 04:53:18 UTC 2013

On Jan 26, 2013, at 2:09 PM, moshe nahmias <moshegrey at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new here and just sent the introduction mail so I hope I don't do something horribly wrong here...
>
> I see that some of the debate here is that the documentation is not full enough (uefi stuff), if I am right on this then I think the best way to handle it will be to include the relevant paragraphs from the man page on the wiki…

man pages are a reference source for the writer of the guide, but the man pages themselves are not a guide. The prose used for each is different. The relevant paragraphs from man livecd-iso-to-disk do not contain step by step guidance, in concise language. The man page is way too verbose for this.

> I am willing to do this but since I don't really know what exactly you are talking about I need some guidance...
>
> I would like to see where can I see the rest of this debate and others if needed.
>
> If I did something wrong here I apologize

In my opinion, you haven't. But it's more involved than one person going and doing something. Ultimately this goes to the Docs team, on a separate list, to decide whether, and how to fix it. I just wanted to understand the various pieces before I go make a case with the Docs team for revisions.

Chris Murphy