Template for marking test cases that are associated with release criteria

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 22:18:09 UTC 2013

I slapped together a quick template for adding a 'note' to a test case
that it enforces one of the release criteria.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_anaconda_user_creation gives an example of how to use it:

{{Template:Associated_release_criterion|releasecriterion=Fedora_{{FedoraVersionNumber|next}}_Alpha_Release_Criteria#Expected_installed_system_boot_behavior}}

Basically you just take the part after /wiki/ from the release
criterion's URL and plug that in as the 'releasecriterion' variable for
the template, but because the release criteria pages are versioned, you
have to replace the 'Fedora_20' bit with 'Fedora_{{FedoraVersionNumber|
next}}' . We could have the release criteria pages unversioned, but it's
actually quite useful to be able to 'go back in time' and look at what
our release requirements were for a given previous release.

I'm planning to go through all the matrices and make sure all the
validation test cases have this note in place now. It'd be good if all
future new validation test cases could have this note in place when
drafted. Thanks, folks!