Template for marking test cases that are associated with release criteria

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 12:29:43 UTC 2013

> I slapped together a quick template for adding a 'note' to a test case
> that it enforces one of the release criteria.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_anaconda_user_creation
> gives an example of how to use it:
>
> {{Template:Associated_release_criterion|releasecriterion=Fedora_{{FedoraVersionNumber|next}}_Alpha_Release_Criteria#Expected_installed_system_boot_behavior}}

Maybe I'd put the note at the bottom of the test case, instead of the top?

And maybe it doesn't have to be highlighted, but it can be a standard section (a header and a text)?

We will likely have this present in many test cases and the current appearance seems too... shouting. It's not an especially important information (unlike, for example, an information which bugs currently affect test case verification). It's a useful information and a standard part of every relevant test case, so maybe it should look like a standard text part?

Example:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Testcase_anaconda_user_creation2
(there is an extra vertical space due to Test_case template, can be fixed)

> Basically you just take the part after /wiki/ from the release
> criterion's URL and plug that in as the 'releasecriterion' variable for
> the template, but because the release criteria pages are versioned, you
> have to replace the 'Fedora_20' bit with 'Fedora_{{FedoraVersionNumber|
> next}}' . We could have the release criteria pages unversioned, but it's
> actually quite useful to be able to 'go back in time' and look at what
> our release requirements were for a given previous release.

What about using an unversioned page for Branched (with an existing FNN redirect) and once Fedora is released, just copy the contents into FNN page for historic purposes? It would simplify some things (links in our guides etc), and complicate others (links in bugzilla could go outdated).

Or maybe the other way around, redirect https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Alpha_Release_Criteria to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_20_Alpha_Release_Criteria ? And use these unversioned links at least in the "associated criteria" template?

Unfortunately templates can't be used in redirects, so we would have to update these 3 redirects (Alpha, Beta, Final) every 6 months manually. So, maybe your solution (template in a template) is the best solution after all...