F19 Final criteria revamp

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:51:29 UTC 2013

On 06/10/2013 04:53 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

> So what you're saying is whether Fedora is satisfactory as a testing
> tool or secondary OS needn't be determined prior to release; that it
> only matters that it works for those who use it as a sole OS.

Yes that our primary focus should be the only OS ( which is afaik what
other OS like Microsoft Windows or Apple does ) running and as secondary
OS as a virtual guest ( or guest container for that matter ).

Resize and refitting another OS along with already installed one on the
same hardware ( disks ) is not something I see as we should or could be
"officially" supporting hence we should not be blocking our release for
that.

Windows or Apple or some other OS changes it partition filesystem etc.
and we need to delay our release until we have played catchup to those
changes.

JBG