F19 Final criteria revamp

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 10 16:53:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-10 15:58 (GMT) "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" composed:

> On 06/10/2013 03:46 PM, Felix Miata wrote:

>> On 2013-06-10 14:57 (GMT) "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" composed:

>>> So being in the same building is why you are multi booting them?

>> No.

>> I really don't understand the question or why you are asking it.

> To see if there is an actual reason for you to be using multiboot in the
> first place.

> What exactly are you developing or test being developed?

Diverse things. Among them, that developers are developing to meet
convenience, needs and wishes of users rather than those of developers, and
not just users whose eyesight is 50th percentile or better. Developers of all
types too often forget not everyone's eyesight is not as good as their own.

Another: whether a reported problem is reproducible or not, with or without
matching the reporter's environment.

Another: whether any particular OS installation can be made without
disrupting prior multiboot installations.

> So you are using unsupported method of upgrading Fedora to test your
> application on Fedora and your company supports running application on a
> upgraded host which is a) upgraded b) via the unofficial method of the
> distribution?

I test to see what works or not, and how well, not necessarily whether a
particular procedure meets some definition of "supported" or "official".

>> I repeat: Fedora here is both testing tool and test subject.
>> Interference between the two functions needs to be limited. Wiping is
>> antithetical to my limitation methodology and primary goals.

> And what I'm saying we should not blocking the release for that.

> We are first and foremost shipping our distribution to be used as
> primary OS on our users HW just like any other OS does.

So what you're saying is whether Fedora is satisfactory as a testing tool or
secondary OS needn't be determined prior to release; that it only matters
that it works for those who use it as a sole OS.

Myopic is thinking few or unimportant those that would want bleeding edge as
sole or secondary to something with maximum stability and broadest support, a
good way to alienate both common users and community contributors.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/