gnome-shell cpu usage during installation

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jun 21 16:14:34 UTC 2013

On Jun 21, 2013, at 9:56 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> F19:
> direct rendering: Yes
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on NV84
>    GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp,
>    GL_MESA_window_pos, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render,

I'm unsure what it means for GL_NV_conditional_render to be listed twice, and for GL_AMD_conservative_depth to be listed for F18 but not F19.

It looks like conservative_depth is an optimization, but I have no idea if it matters to gnome-shell.
http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/AMD/conservative_depth.txt

Chris Murphy