[rawhide] install method testing wanted

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Mar 6 01:58:46 UTC 2013

>If anyone has some time and is willing to help out, could you try to get

>a rawhide install by booting a f18 dvd/netinstall and trying to enable
>just the rawhide repo and disable the rest. Does anaconda even allow
>you to do this anymore these days? Does it work?

Yeah, I read through it hoping to use this technique to circumvent the issues
with the rawhide installer, but when selecting a source you only have the
option to enter a single url, or mirror url.

I rarely do non ks based install's (can't stand all the clicking) and so not being
able to reproduce the base/additional repo (updates) behavior I recall I decided
to wait until my live composition question yielded any responses...

>I suspect this is not a method we should be advertising to get to
>rawhide even if it does work.

Thats good to know, I also wondered how it would work if it did:)
jlc