[rawhide] install method testing wanted

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 04:48:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 12:35 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> If anyone has some time and is willing to help out, could you try to
> get
> a rawhide install by booting a f18 dvd/netinstall and trying to enable
> just the rawhide repo and disable the rest. Does anaconda even allow
> you to do this anymore these days? Does it work?

Hi Kevin,

I tried installing rawhide via a netiso. Apparently, Anaconda does not
let you configure repositories at the moment. I found this[1] on
googling. It looks like one must first install F18 and then upgrade.
This method seems like double work to me, since you download each
package twice for F18 and then rawhide.

Thinking aloud here: do you think a nightly/weekly rawhide netiso is
something we can provide to let folks set up rawhide whenever they wish
(if we don't already)? It would also give anaconda some testing
throughout the dev cycle. Since the main difference in the netinstaller
and the dvd installer is package sources, it would give us a chance to
test the other parts of anaconda too: disk customization and the rest.

/me shuts off his "rawhide" VM for the time being.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/NewInstaller#Repository_configuration_limitations
--
Thanks,