f19alpha, hang "booting a command list"

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 2 05:16:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 18:18 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2013, at 6:07 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>
> > It was a kernel regression that affected EFI Macs. It's been fixed.
>
> … fixed with a newer kernel. For Mac users, some/most/all (?) won't be able to test alpha directly on hardware.

Yeah, we know. It kinda sucks, but we decided "some UEFI Macs" (it
doesn't affect all of them indeed, though quite a lot) wasn't enough
hardware to justify another week's Alpha slip.

The bug was known and discussed as a blocker ahead of release, we didn't
get blindsided.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F19_bugs#uefi-mac-fail