Fedora-19-Alpha-x86_64-DVD.iso will not boot on VMWare Fusion

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 2 05:18:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-04-27 at 15:15 -0700, Jay Finger wrote:
> 1) 2GB RAM, 60GB drive, 2 cores.
> 2) the latter: problem when booting the LiveCD to install

I've seen a few other reports that it fails on VMware, it seems like it
may be the case that Alpha just doesn't fly on VMware. We do most of our
virt testing on KVM, and then probably VirtualBox gets more testing than
VMware.

Can you check Beta TC2 (released earlier today, check the archives on
this list for details)? If that doesn't fly, we'll probably want to
check into this. We don't formally require Fedora releases to work on
VMware, but it'd suck if Beta didn't. Thanks!