DVD downloading updates by default?

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 3 20:36:17 UTC 2013

In my testing so far, despite not checking the  "Don't install the latest
available software updates. Install the default versions provided by the
install source above." checkbox, I've never seen updates downloaded. Is this
because the updates it's referring to are only stable updates, which are
only available after the Final Gold decision? And if that's the case, is
there a danger that there could be bugs associated with downloading updates,
which would only be seen after that time (at which point nothing could be
done to fix them)?